Today you will need a photograph of yourself from the shoulders up. If you do not have one, I have a camera we can use.
- Save this picture of yourself on your homedrive. We will edit and place in an Illustrator document during class today.
- Upload your Graphic Artist PPT to your blog. I will check grade them this week.
- Continue or start our quick project: portrait practice. This will prepare us for our next project: https://rooseveltgraphicarts.wordpress.com/projects/vector-self-portrait/
If you have not started the portrait practice, raise your hand and I will guide your through it. You can find the images under the folder: Shared > Students > Fine Art > Pen Practice > Portrait Practice.
You should have a base color layer, shadow layer, highlight area, and various details layer. Here is my unfinished example:
Today we will continue to work on the Pen Tool Exercises. These can be found in the folder: Shared > Students > Fine Art > Pen Tool Practice. We will work on exercises 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 today and Tuesday. Remember: Complete each exercise 2-3 times (on separate layers) until your have mastered it.
Complete these steps when starting the exercises:
- Set Fill to None.
2. Select a Stroke color
3. Set your Stroke Weight to 3 pt.
4. Click the Layer icon on the bottom right panel
5. Click Add New Layer icon
6. Name the new Layer “Practice 1 or 2”
7. Click the Eye icon to hide “Work on this Layer” and make sure the top layer is highlighted before you start working.
IF you finish 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 three times each, you can work on Dinosaur, Hot Air Balloon, Mason Jar, Hand, or Horse (these are found in the same folder as the exercises).
Please Remember: these are graded so save to your Home Folder > Graphic Design. Ask your classmates if you need assistance.
If you still have not finished the Tools Panel worksheet or the “What is Illustrator” worksheet, make sure to do that and turn it in to the substitute teacher. Thank you!
Today is our last in class workday on our Graphic Artist Presentations. We will present them to the class Friday, September 25th. After you finish both worksheets, hand in and begin watching the tutorials below.
- The first worksheet: “What is Illustrator” link can be found here: http://www.vectordiary.com/illustrator/what-is-illustrator/
- For filling out the Adobe Illustrator CS6 Tools Panel worksheet –
Tutorials on Pen Tool: http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1652772&seqNum=3
Open a new document and practice along with the tutorial.
After you have watched the tutorials you can begin lessons 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3. After you finish each lesson, show me for completion points. You may need to do a lesson more than once. You can access the lessons through the Shared folder > Students > Fine Art > Pen Practice
You have all of class today to finish your Graphic Artist Presentation. The outline can be found under: Projects > 02 Graphic Artist Presentation.
If you get finished, save as Lastname_presentation to your Home Folder > Graphic Design. You are then able to customize your blog, open Adobe Illustrator CS6 and explore various tools, and/or go to the link below to see some great examples of the type of projects we will be working on.