We are going to keep practicing our pen tool skills in Illustrator today. Follow the directions below:
Complete exercises 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3. Make sure you are following the steps on the blog post below (Set fill to none, choose stroke color, Stroke weight at 3pt., Create new layer, zoom in, etc.).
When you are finished with 5.3, you may start another image of you choice in the pen tool practice folder: Shared > Students> Fine Art > Pen Tool Practice). When setting up a new document, complete the following steps:
- Create new document.
- File > Place the image of you choice
- Resize holding down shift.
- Resize Art Board using art board tool if needed.
- Lock your photo layer.
- Create new layer (name it) and start tracing lines as accurately as you can.
- remember “p” is the keyboard shortcut if you need to deselect a line.
Here are some of the new images in the pen practice folder: