Today we will continue to work on Pen Tool exercises 5.2 and 5.3. If you are finished, you can start a cartoon character of your choice.
- Find and save an image of your chosen cartoon character to your home drive.
- Open a new Illustrator document (File > New).
- File > Place the image on the art board.
- Lock this image and Create New layer. Name this layer “Base color”.
- Using your pen tool, trace an outline of your character. Mine was the black outline.
- Use the eyedropper tool to fill this shape.
- Lock and hide this layer.
- Create a new layer and continue tracing different shapes of color.